Master In Business Administration !
For Entrance Examination:
- The application form for Entrance Examination must be duly filled and submitted to the respective M.B.A. study centre (see the list of study centers) latest by 3rd August 2013.(the application form must be accompanied by attested (photo copies) (Xerox copies) of requisite documents).
- The candidates should collect their hall tickets from the study centers before the entrance examination. The list of candidates to appear for the Entrance Examination will be displayed at the study centers.
- The entrance examination is compulsory for all.
- The hall ticket (format enclosed) will be submitted by the student (complete in all respects) to the study center.
- The seat No. of the candidate for the entrance examination will be given by the study center.
- The students can appear for entrance examination at any one of the entrance examination center as per convenience of location (see the list of examination centers).
- Admission to the M.B.A. programme will be granted strictly on the basis of performance at the Entrance Examination.
- The result of the entrance examination will be announced through the study centers. The students should visit their study center for the result of the entrance exam on 20th August 2013.
- Provision for reservation of seats for scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward students is made as per Government of Maharashtra rules.
- A maximum of 60 students will be admitted at each study center.
- A study center shall be made functional only if a minimum of 20 students are enrolled.
The candidates seeking admission to the Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.), programme of this university will have to appear for and show sufficient level of competence and aptitude in a common ‘Entrance Examination’ conducted by the university. The information regarding the entrance exam its composition, nature, etc. is given in the following sections.
Nature and Composition:
This Entrance Exam is designed for testing various scholastic/mental abilities and skills that are considered essential for the successful completion of the programme. It is also intended to test the aptitudes of the candidates in the important aspects of business organization. The test consists of the following sections as given below -
|4||Business data interpretation||20|
The candidate has to complete the whole test in one single session of 3 hours duration. It is necessary, however, to be present in the examination hall at least 30 mins. before the actual examination. He/she can begin answering any ‘section’ and follow any sequence for answering the questions. Care should be taken to see that no section is omitted. Students will be required to present their hall tickets at the time of the examination. Use of calculators will not be allowed. A certain minimum level of performance in each section may be considered necessary for being included in the merit list.
For First Year (After qualifying entrance examination) / Second Year M.B.A. :
- All the eligible and qualifying applicants are required to submit admission form attached herewith the prospectus to the recognized study center.
- The applicant must study the prospectus, familiarize himself/herself about the programme rules and ensure that he/she is eligible for the admission.
- If eligible, the applicant interested in admission to the programme should carefully fill in the form in BOLD legible (readable) letters, without overwriting, in ENGLISH language. Care should be taken to fill in the form perfectly and accurately because a computerized system will be used for data entry. The applicant will be solely responsible for the correctness of information submitted. He/she should attach the attested photocopies of proofs of qualification, date of birth and any other important documents asked for.
- The applicant should obtain the signature and seal of the study center after getting his/her eligibility checked from the study center.
- The applicant shall submit the part of challan meant for the study center and retain one part with himself/herself. He/she should also retain a photocopy of the application form (Admission Form) for himself/herself. He/she shall take acknowledgement of having given the study center.
- The admission forms must be filled in and the above process should be completed before the stipulated time limit. Admission form shall be accepted at the study center only within the stipulated time frame mentioned in the prospectus. All admission forms along with challan must be submitted only to a study center. Likewise, no admission form will be received / accepted at the university headquarters under any circumstances. Forms should also not be sent by post or courier in any case.
- The admission fee receipt will not be issued by the study center. The bank challan will itself serve as the fee receipt.
- Applicants should submit their admission form and challan to the study center.
- The applicant must keep in touch with the study center about the learning programme, contact session time table and the examination schedule. The confirmation of admission should be checked with the study center by the last week of October. Applicants shall not be allowed to appear for any examination without confirmation of admission.
- The university reserves the right to reject admission wrongly granted by the study center to ineligible applicants if ineligibility is discovered at any stage during the registration process. The fees paid by the students will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Receipt of the study center fees to be taken from the study center only.
- Admission to the M.B.A. programme is open to all citizens of India who satisfy the following condition:
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 45% marks.(The percentage of marks will be relaxed by 5% in the case of Reserved Category candidates)
- Qualify the Entrance Exam conducted by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University.
Rules of Passing:
- In order to complete any course successfully, a candidate must get a minimum 40% marks. Students not completing course / courses successfully will be required to reappear for the concerned end examination and improve their class therein.
- Successfully completion of the project component requires obtaining a minimum 40% mark.
- The total marks obtained in first year, second year and project work will be combined when calculating the Aggregate Marks for the MBA programme. An aggregate of 40% marks must be obtained by a student for the entire programme in order to qualify for the award of the M.B.A. Degree.