Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (Y.C.M.O.U.)
Center Code: 62333
- The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) was established on 1 July, 1989 through Act XX of 1989 of the Maharashtra State Legislature.
- It is recognized by the University Grants Commission under Section 12B as well as the Distance Education Council, New Delhi. Hence, the diplomas and degrees offered by the university are considered at par with those offered by other conventional universities.
- The academic programmes offered by the university span the full range from the Certificate to the Postgraduate level and encompass diverse academic disciplines.
- These programmes are carried to the students through an extensive network of over 3,500 programmewise Study Centers and 10 Regional Centers – 9 in Maharashtra and 1 in Goa.
- Nearly 3, 50,000 students register in this university annually and so far, 26 lakh students have benefited from the university.
- YCMOU has been honored with the prestigious ‘Award for Institutional Excellence in Distance Education’ from the commonwealth of Learning, Canada and is listed among the ‘Mega Open Universities’ of the world.
- ‘Knowledge to Every Home is the motto of this university and its goal is to become a mass varsity’.
- Dr. Vikas Abnave, Center Incharge :+91 9371013697
- Mrs. Indrani A. Ranade, Chief Co-ordinators :+91 9881365622